Laptops come with a bigger screen and keyboard to offer college students the ability to do their projects much better than smartphones. Besides doing the assignments, you can also play games or stream your favorite TV shows.
Even some of the laptops come with little detailing to help engineering college students. Therefore, a computer is as essential as a textbook for a college student.
But to find an appropriate one for yourself is itself doing homework. Therefore, we have compiled some of the best available budget laptops coming from leading brands.
Just give 10-minutes reading to pick one to make your presentation and documentation more efficient than before. A complete buyer’s guide along with a FAQ section of Best Cheap Laptop for College Students in India will also be there to make your further queries clear.
Please dive in…
Our Top Picks for Best Cheap Laptop for College Students in India
1. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 – 12.3″ – Intel Core i5
- It comes with a USB-C port
- Designed with a 12.3-inches HD screen
- 8GB Memory storage
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Intel Core i5-processor
Microsoft Surface Pro 7 comes first in this list of the best cheap laptops for college students. It is an ideal device that you can use both as a touch-enabled tablet and a Surface laptop.
The best part is that it comes with convertible functionality to make it more user-friendly. It is a better combination of outstanding performance and excellent battery life than you can ever expect.
The manufacturers design this laptop with a USB-C port to connect with all the possible paired devices easily. Most importantly, it is available in a portable size to make it more friendly for college students.
Besides, it comes with a stylish and slim design. It has a 12.3-inches HD screen and is available in Platinum color. It is lightweight to make it much more travel-friendly for students.
The only issue is that it does not come with a Type Cover and Surface Pen. Therefore, you need to purchase them separately. However, you will get 8GB of memory which is smart enough to store your college assignments and projects.
Wi-Fi connectivity is another added advantage that you can get from this device. Lastly, it is available in an affordable range to make it pocket-friendly for college students.
- Excellently designed
- Good quality display
- Surprisingly good keyboard
- It gets hot after some time
- The battery needs slight improvement
2. Acer Aspire 3 AMD A4 15.6-inch Laptop
- Enabled with Turbo Core technology
- It comes with 4GB DDR4 RAM
- Designed with 15.6-inch Display
- AMD dual-core processor
- AMD Radeon graphics card
Acer Aspire 3 is another excellent budget laptop that comes with a good performance. Therefore, it is suitable for most college students. The best part you are going to get from this laptop is 1TB HDD storage.
The manufacturers design this unit with AMD 3050U dual-core processor along with 4GB DDR4 RAM. It also comes with a 15.6-inch HD display to give you an excellent visual experience.
Besides, it comes with an AMD Radeon graphics card to let you enjoy your favorite movies and games. The only negative issue you will face with this device is that it does not have a full HD screen.
Though you will get decent color accuracy and brightness from this device, most importantly, it comes with multiple ports to easily connect it with other paired devices.
Acer Aspire 3 allows you to expand the memory capacity up to 12GB. Even you can avail this excellent quality laptop in an affordable range to make it friendly for college students.
It is lightweight and comes with an excellent battery backup. Moreover, this unit looks stylish and is available in a metallic finish. Windows 10 Home OS support is another added advantage.
- Compact and lightweight
- Powerful processor
- Affordable price range
- Moderate build quality
- Speed is a bit slow
- Non-responsive customer service
3. Lenovo Ideapad S340 Intel Core i5 14″ FHD Thin and Light Laptop
- Enabled with 8th Gen Intel Core processor
- Windows 10 Home OS
- Designed with a 15.6-inch full HD screen
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- Up to 180-degree tilted Display
Lenovo Ideapad S340 has recently come to the market. Still, it has gained popularity among most of the young generation. It comes with a 15.6-inch HD screen to ensure an excellent quality visuality.
It has an 8th Gen Intel Core processor to make the device super fast and efficient. Moreover, 8GB RAM and 1TB hard drive storage are the added advantages of this device.
It is very lightweight to make it travel-friendly for most college students. Besides, it comes with lifetime warrantied Windows 10 Home OS. Even it features anti-glare technology to protect your eyes from harmful radiations.
A 2GB NVIDIA graphics card is present to offer you to watch your favorite shows or play games. Besides, you can tilt the screen up to 180-degree to make it easily accessible.
The manufacturers design this laptop with multiple ports to make it connected with nearby paired devices. You can also listen to crystal-clear sound from the attached 1.5-Watt dual speakers.
- Scratch-proof texture
- Decent graphics performance
- Poor quality camera
- All the USB ports are 2.0
4. Apple MacBook Air with Apple M1 Chip
- It comes with an M1 chip
- 5x faster graphics card
- 8GB memory
- It comes with a fanless design
- Designed with a 13.3-inch Retina display
The Apple MacBook Air is another ideal laptop, especially for college students. You are going to have from macOS to Windows 10 from this device. Recently it has come with an M1 chip to offer you excellent performance along with good battery life.
The manufacturer’s design of this laptop is ultra-thin and stylish. Most importantly, you can avail this intelligent device in a pocket-friendly range to help college students.
Even the MacBook Air does not come with a fan to make it function very silently. It has a 13.3-inch HD screen to ensure excellent visuality. Moreover, it is lightweight and comes in a compact size.
A 720p moderate range webcam is also present in this device. You will also find two USB ports present in this unit to pair it with other devices easily. It also features Retina technology to make the screen more vibrant with excellent color coverage.
A 5x faster graphics card is present to help you to access all the possible latest games and apps. Most importantly, it comes with 8GB storage to allow you to store all your essential assignments and projects.
- Excellent performance
- Good Display
- Great battery backup
- Ideal for technical college students
- Gets heat up
- It does not work fast
5. Acer Swift 3 Core i5 14-inch Ultra-Thin and Light Laptop
- It comes with 10th Gen Intel Core processor
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- Designed with 14-inch Display
- It comes with pre-installed Windows 10 Home OS
- Featured with fingerprint reader
For those who want to have a budget laptop with a blistering performance, Acer Swift 3 will be the ideal option. It comes with AMD Ryzen CPU to help you do all your tasks very fast.
Another essential part of this laptop is the clicky keyboard that offers comfortable typing. You will also find a fingerprint reader on the laptop’s deck to ensure a quick log-in.
The manufacturers use Magnesium and Aluminium to make the laptop durable and sturdy. The only thing that you need to adjust with this device is a little dull and dim Display.
Though Acer Swift 3 comes in a pocket-friendly range to help college students. Overall, it is an ideal laptop for students that can efficiently handle their documentation and web browsing.
It comes with a thin and stylish design and is lightweight to make it travel-friendly for college students. Also, it comes with excellent battery life. Therefore, you can consider Acer Swift 3 to be an ideal budget college student’s laptop.
- Excellent battery life
- Suitable for multi-tasking
- Sufficient memory for regular usage
- Sturdy built
- Mouse is plastic
- Unsatisfactory speaker sound
6. HP Envy 13.3″ Touchscreen FHD Laptop
- 8th Gen Intel Core i7-processor
- It comes with 8GB RAM
- Designed with a 13.3-inch HD display
- Pre-installed Windows 10 Home OS
- Enabled with Turbo Boost technology
HP Envy is another best budget laptop for college students. It is available in the new design to make it look stylish. The manufacturers attach four Thunderbolt ports with this device to make it easily connect with other paired devices.
It is available in a portable and compact size. Besides, excellent power and excellent battery backup are other added advantages of this device. It comes with a 13.3-inch full HD display to offer a fantastic visual impact.
Sleek-designed chassis has made it suitable for college students. Intel Core i5 CPU is present for multi-tasking. Also, 8GB RAM is sufficient enough for regular work.
You can get pre-installed Windows 10 Home OS with this innovative device. Most importantly, it has an excellent battery life span. It is compact and lightweight to help the students easily carry it with them to the college.
- Looks excellent
- Superfast performance
- Anti-glare screen
- Great viewing angle
- It comes with only one USB Type-C port
- No magnetic power pin is present
7. Lenovo Yoga 7 Intel Core i7 14″ Full HD Touchscreen Laptop
- It comes with 10th Gen Intel Core i5-processor
- Pre-installed Windows 10 Home OS
- 8GB memory
- NVIDIA GeForce graphics card
- Designed with 14-inch full HD display
Last but not least, Lenovo Yoga 7 is another best budget laptop available on this list. It is a combination of outstanding performance and excellent looks. Though, it is a bit bigger and a little heavy-weight than the other ones.
The 10th Gen i5 Intel Core processor is present to offer you excellent performance. Lenovo Yoga 7 comes with lifetime warrantied pre-installed Windows 10 Home OS.
A 8GB RAM is sufficient enough for your regular college assignments. NVIDIA GeForce graphics card is present to make you also enjoy the latest games. It comes with a 14-inch full HD display to ensure an excellent visual experience.
Excellent quality battery life span is another added advantage of this device. You will also find 720p WebCam along with dual integrated microphones with this Lenovo device
There are also multiple ports present in this device to connect with the other paired devices easily. Most importantly, it comes with a 3-years on-site manufacturing warranty to make it your favorite pal.
- Full HD IPS anti-glare Display
- Stunning sound quality
- Provides faster performance
- Latest GPU
- Moderate build quality
- Non-responsive customer service
Buyer’s Guide for Best Cheap Laptop for College Students
Please go through the following guides that you should consider before making any final decision-
- Budget: There are numerous options available with different specifications in various price ranges. Therefore, you should first decide your budget range. It will help you to choose an appropriate one for you quickly.
- OS: Most of the student’s laptops come with pre-installed Windows 10 OS. It is user-friendly. Though, you can also install Mac OS or Linux, depending on your requirement.
- Processor: Laptops mostly come with Intel and AMD processors. For those who will pick laptops specifically for college students, Intel i3 or AMD A-series processors will be ideal.
- RAM: 4GB RAM is ubiquitous with most laptops. It can efficiently help you doing web browsing, doing assignments, and watching movies. Those who need to do more multi-tasking must opt for 8GB RAM.
- Storage: The college students generally store assignments, documentations, projects, presentations along with some of their favorite movies and games. Most of the laptops come with 500GB to 2TB storage options. 500GB storage is good enough for regular college tasks. But if you want to store other movies or games, you need to pick higher capacity storage devices.
- Battery: College students need to carry their laptops with them to the college. Therefore, you need to have a good battery backup. You can check the manufacturer’s website to know the battery rating.
- Portability: Those who need to carry it often to college try to choose portable and lightweight devices. But if you work sitting in your home, you can choose the big ones to enjoy the greater visibility.
People Also Ask : FAQs
It is a daunting task to find one suitable one to be compatible with your college classroom. Please go through the above specifications and get one for you to handle day-to-day college assignments.